The Kansas Wildlife and Parks Commission approved
2006 big game hunting season regulations at a public
hearing in Junction City April 27th.
Seasons approved for big game include the
- Early muzzleloader season: Sept. 9 through
- Youth and disabled persons season: Sept. 23
through Sept. 24
- Archery season: Oct. 1 through Dec. 31
- Early firearms (urban units only) season:
Oct. 14 through Oct. 22
- Regular firearms season: Nov. 29 through
- Extended white tail antlerless-only season:
Jan. 1 through Jan. 7, 2007
- Extended archery (urban units only) season:
Jan. 8 through Jan. 31, 2007
Application deadlines are May 31 for all
nonresident deer permits, July 14 for limited
draw resident permits (firearm and muzzleloader ?Any
Deer? permits), Dec. 30 for unlimited antlered
permits (resident ?Whitetail Either Sex,? ?Archery,?
and ?Hunt-Own-Land? permits), and Jan. 30, 2007 for
antlerless whitetail permits and game tags.
are three notable changes from last year?s deer
- Hunters may purchase an antlerless-only deer
permit or game tag AFTER Dec. 30, 2006, without
having first obtained a permit that allows the
take of an antlered deer.
- The extended whitetail antlerless-only
season was shortened by one day.
- No check stations will be required in the
Application deadlines are June 9 for
firearm and muzzleloader permits, October 30 for
archery permits. One change for 2006 is that
unlimited archery permits will be available for
nonresidents, as they are for residents. Firearm and
muzzloader permits are still restricted to resident
here to apply.